The Art of Soul Winning
by Taffi Dollar | 12 January 2011
At times we become comfortable as Christians, and leave the work of soul winning to a specific group of Believers. However, God wants all of us to have a heart for winning souls. We should not sit idly by as people continue to go to hell. We must wake up to God’s urgent call to invite as many as we can into His Kingdom, while there is still time.
- “ Christ Jesus (the Messiah) came into the world to save sinners, of who I am foremost” (1 Timothy 1:15, AMP ).
- The Apostle Paul understood Jesus’ purpose in life—to save sinners.
- Jesus was determined to seek and save the lost (Luke 19:7-10).
- People disapproved of the sinners Jesus decided to help and save.
- Ministering to people in the world in unconventional ways may cause people to talk about you, but that should not deter you.
- Are you directing people to the Lord?
- We can begin to pray that God will give us the opportunity to minister to people.
- Many times, we seek the approval of people before we commit to something.
- However, we can gain the approval of God by winning souls.
- When we turn people to righteousness, we become stars in the Kingdom of God (Daniel 12:2, 3).
- The Bible says we are wise when we win souls (Proverbs 11:30-31, AMP).
- We should become soul winners, not for our own benefit, but for the benefit of others (1 Corinthians 10:33, AMP ).
- We experience true happiness when we care about the spiritual well-being of others.
- Soul winning will cost you something (time, energy, resources, etc.) but it is worth it.
- We must get ourselves off our minds long enough to care about what God cares about—the souls of people.
- “ A man was giving a great supper and invited many” (Luke 14:16-23).
- Jesus told a story about a man who wanted people to come to his great feast.
- However, those who were invited gave the man various reasons why they could not attend.
- The man was angry, but he asked his servant to go quickly into the streets of the city and bring the poor, disabled, blind, and lame (Luke 14:21).
- When the servant returned, after completing the assignment, there was still room left in his master’s house.
- The master then commanded the servant to go into the highways and urge people to come, so that his house would be filled with people.
- Likewise, we must understand that there is an urgency to “fill” the Kingdom of God.
- God wants us to have a heart for winning souls. He wants us to draw as many as we can to Him
1Timothy 1:15, AMP
Proverbs 11:30-31, AMP
1 Corinthians 10:33
Daniel 12:2, 3